Two fares?

Not sure if it was the media religiously preaching the effects of global warming or the fact that we, at Infy are constantly reminded to "Keep Doors closed" and "Use natural resources judiciously" or the madness of hosur road traffic on a Friday evening or just temporary insanity...I decided to take public transport (BMTC's regular blue buses, in this case Bus route 410) from Silk Board to BTM Layout (Udupi Garden)...
The conductor who had generously smiled at me and asked me to board the bus, quickly pocketed the 3/- that I paid for the ticket. After about a minute, when no ticket was forthcoming, I demanded one...
To my surprise, Mr Conductor gave me the same benevolent smile (though it looked shady this time around) but still the ticket remained strangely elusive.
On my insistence a second time, he told me matter-of-factly, "Saar, ticket 5 rupayee aaguthe"...stunned, but not revealing it, I handed him another 2 bucks (surprised that he dint deny any knowledge of me having given him 3 rs earlier), collected my ticket and watched out of the window in feigned indifference....

1 comment:

TEJA said...

moor rupayige ticket print aagthidiya? Hosadu nimge BMTC ashte.. :D